Work with Nithin
My goal is to connect the world and educate people about modernity and the challenges facing humanity today. Through my writing and my work with NGOs and social causes, I hope to foster positive change globally. I am available as a consultant for NGOs, non-profit organizations, and any such social enterprises that want to make an impact around the world.
I only do projects with progressive non-profit organizations, NGOs and socially conscious companies. This is because I want to use my skills to help make the world a better place.
Past Clients and Projects
- SumofUs – Expanded South Asian partnerships to improve the efficacy of global supply chain campaigns by connecting ground organizations with SumofUS’s global campaign teams.
- Greenpeace – As part of an Arctic drilling escalation campaign, I provided targeted content, social media curation, and email marketing to assist on-the-ground actions.
- Care2 – Curated, edited, and promoted user-generated environmental petitions to expand Care2 membership and raise awareness of critical actions.
- Kehati – Prepared research briefs on REDD and Access/Benefit Sharing for Indonesian Government, developed Social Media curriculum and visited Kehati field sites to carry out knowledge management and media outreach activities.
- Walk Free – Spearheaded launch and first phase of Walk Free Partner Network in Indonesia through capacity building projects with local NGOs around developing joint global campaigns on pressing modern slavery issues.
Domestic Slavery in Hong KongIn partnership with Indonesian NGO Migrant Care, our multilingual, international media awareness campaign led to Erwiana, a victim of modern slavery, to be named one of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People of 2014.
What I Offer
As humans, we feel a great deal of connection to stories, and today, the unprecedented power of digital media allows for stories and memes to spread around the world with rapid speed – and make rapid changes. However, you need powerful content to drive action, and that is where I come in. I write for social change, and my articles are written to force people to think and spur action globally. As a global journalist, my pieces have appeared in The Diplomat, Al Jazeera, Quartz, Atlantic Cities, Indonesia Expat, Penang Monthly, BootsnAll and Southeast Asia Globe.
I can assist your organization in the production of effective content to incite positive actions for your campaigns and provide real, measurable metrics. I provide more than just content – I also can do promotion and outreach, and will help craft a plan to ensure that the content reaches the right audience, in order to garner maximum impact. Use the form below to contact me with your needs and we can begin discussing what type of content makes sense for your campaign.
Global Field Expertise
Today, it is often inadequate to run a campaign or project in a single place. All issues are in some way, transnational, and for you to be effective, you must be able to communicate and collaborate across borders. I have worked on campaigns all around the world, and have acquired unique insight into how to connect people across borders. Too often, the difference between a good campaign and an effective campaign is not the will, but the lack of knowledge of the on-the-ground situation.
As a researcher, I can provide not only high-quality data, but also a journalist eye and perspective for what stories can help raise awareness and gain exposure for your organization or cause. I am available to do field research, prepare report, and do local press outreach, including media events. My goal: create narratives of local experiences for global audiences to push for social change.
Click on the pins to see the research project I focused on in each location.
Various Projects: Indonesia
- 2010 – Communications Assistant for Kehati Biodiversity Foundation
- 2013-2014 – Senior Campaigner for Walk Free Partner Network.
- Covered 2014 Elections for Al Jazeera International
Land and Compensation: Nepal
Avoiding the Resource Curse: Uganda
- Worked with an interdisciplinary team to build detailed guidelines for sustainable and ethical development of recently discovered oil fields.
- Final report won the prestigious Dr. Susan Aurelia Gitelson Award during Columbia University 2012 Commencement ceremonies.
Report on Future of Development Aid: Japan
- Our widely-read report written by a team of 11 fellows from diverse backgrounds focused on the current state of Japan’s overseas development assistance, with I specifically assisting the section on sustainability. We also analyzed the effects of March 2011 Earthquake on Japan’s economy and diplomacy.
Nithin was so great to work with! We hired him during an extremely busy time in the #ShellNo campaign and needed someone who would be able to get up to speed and start producing content quickly. Nithin fit the bill perfectly. He created excellent, effective social and email content with minimal guidance or feedback needed. His writing is especially strong – he really knows how to write so that the reader is motivated to act. In addition to being able to turn content around quickly, he has a great strategic mind.Sarah Rasmussen
Nithin worked on a project to reach out to civil society and activist groups in South East Asia for SumOfUs. He worked quickly and did whatever it took to get people to talk – no small feat considering he was working halfway around the world from those he was reaching out to!Kaytee Riek
My goal is to help make a difference. Thus, I include several factors such as location, size of organization, budget, and issue area when determining project cost. My rate is highest for for-profit enterprises and international NGOs, less for local NGOs, and lowest for community organizations. I am also willing to work pro-bono on small projects for specific causes. I am especially open to doing this for indigenous communities or indigenous rights organizations.
General Blog Post/Article: 40 cents/word ($250/post)
In-Depth Feature or Longform Narrative: 60 cents/word
Discount for series or multiple posts.
Social Enterprise/Private Rate: $65/hr
Global NGO Rate: $50/hr
Local NGO Rate: $30/hr