Research and Investigations
What I Offer
I’ve worked with non-profits and academic institutions to produce factually accurate, investigative reports on global environment, sustainability, supply chain, and social issues in several countries. Here are few examples.
Greenwashing the U.S. Carpet Industry
Oil: Uganda's Opportunity for Prosperity
Global Field Expertise
All issues are in some way, transnational, and for you to be effective, you must be able to communicate and collaborate across borders. As a researcher, I can provide not only high-quality data, but also a journalist eye and perspective for what stories can help raise awareness and gain exposure for your organization or cause. I am available to do field research, prepare report, and do local press outreach, including media events.
Click on the pins to see the research project I focused on in each location.
Various Projects: Indonesia
- 2017 – Conducted investigation on viscose industry for Changing Markets.
- 2015 – Covered historic Indonesian fires for various global media outlets.
- Covered 2014 National Elections for Al Jazeera International
- April 2014 – Suharto’s ghost stalks Indonesia election
- May 2014 – Is Islamic Politics rising in Indonesia?
- June 2014 – What’s left of the left?
- 2013-2014 – Senior Campaigner for Walk Free Foundation (now Freedom United).
- 2010 – Communications Assistant for Kehati Biodiversity Foundation.
Land and Compensation: Nepal
Avoiding the Resource Curse: Uganda
- Worked with an interdisciplinary team to build detailed guidelines for sustainable and ethical development of recently discovered oil fields.
- Final report won the prestigious Dr. Susan Aurelia Gitelson Award during Columbia University 2012 Commencement ceremonies.
Report on Future of Development Aid: Japan
- Our widely-read report written by a team of 11 fellows from diverse backgrounds focused on the current state of Japan’s overseas development assistance, with I specifically assisting the section on sustainability. We also analyzed the effects of March 2011 Earthquake on Japan’s economy and diplomacy.
I can assist your organization to create content around events, specific issues, or campaigns, and provide real, measurable metrics. I provide more than just content – I also can do promotion and outreach, and will help craft a plan to ensure that the content reaches the right audience, in order to garner maximum impact.
Covering the historic Paris Climate Talks
Indonesia's Devestating Fires
How Activists Beat Big Oil
My goal is to help make a difference. Thus, I include several factors such as location, size of organization, budget, and issue area when determining project cost. I am also willing to work pro-bono on small projects for specific causes, especially for indigenous communities or organizations.
Let me know what you need using the form below. If it doesn’t work, email me at contactATmail.nithincoca.com