Paid Journalist Apprenticeship
Nithin is looking for a paid journalist apprentice to work part-time with him on various tasks. This is an excellent opportunity to improve your skills as a journalist and learn more about human rights, environmental, and development issues.
This is a virtual position that can be performed from anywhere – but you must have reliable internet access!
- Assistance with research and proofing of articles
- Conducting basic interviews
- Updating my website and portfolio
- Pitching me at speaking events
- Researching events that I could speak at.
- Researching editors/publications
- Mailing List – Setup and draft emails to go out bi-weekly with new articles.
- Creating basic social media graphics for Twitter and Facebook and assisting with managing those accounts.
- Fluency in American English.
- Experience with WordPress, Mailchimp, Hootsuite, Buffer.
- Basic Graphic Design: Canva or similar photo editing tool.
- Experience writing and sending article, media, and event pitches.
- Experience dealing with members of media.
- Fluency in an Asian language, particularly Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Melayu, or Chinese.
- Use of following CRM/CMS: CiviCRM, Drupal
- Experience in non-profit or NGO sector.
I write mostly on environment and human rights topics and want someone with a similar, socially conscious background. This is starting as a 5-10hr/week position. Recent graduates, or those looking for ongoing part-time work please do apply. Pay will be equivalent to a fair working wage in your country of residence.
There will also likely be opportunities to accompany me on field research trips in Asia.